Aa
A
A
A
Close
Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
932 Members

Chest Pain

Hello. I am a fifteen year old boy and recently i have had some pain in my chest. The pain has been somewhat sharp and doesn't last very long. Also i have been having "bouts" with shortness of breath that have been getting worse and longer by each day This has been going on for a little over a week. I went to my doctor and she said it was most likely a muscular problem under my breast bone or something like that. Even though my doctor is great and i totally trust her. I was just wondering if any one could give a second opinon on my situation on how to deal with this. It is becoming quite uncomfortable and i don't quite know how to treat this problem and help lessen the pain. My doctor said that there is no medication i can take to help the pain or the shortness of breath go away. If anyone has any suggestions please reply. HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIAYED!
1 Responses
875426 tn?1325532016
This is a forum for TMJ (temporal mandibular joint and TMJ muscles) issues.  You might want to repost your question under the "undiagnosed" forum.  With chest muscle pulls, you shouldn't be experiencing shortness of breath.  It was advised to me in the past for chest muscle pain to take an nsaid cyclically for 3-4 days.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.