Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
932 Members

Chest Pain

Hello. I am a fifteen year old boy and recently i have had some pain in my chest. The pain has been somewhat sharp and doesn't last very long. Also i have been having "bouts" with shortness of breath that have been getting worse and longer by each day This has been going on for a little over a week. I went to my doctor and she said it was most likely a muscular problem under my breast bone or something like that. Even though my doctor is great and i totally trust her. I was just wondering if any one could give a second opinon on my situation on how to deal with this. It is becoming quite uncomfortable and i don't quite know how to treat this problem and help lessen the pain. My doctor said that there is no medication i can take to help the pain or the shortness of breath go away. If anyone has any suggestions please reply. HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIAYED!
This is a forum for TMJ (temporal mandibular joint and TMJ muscles) issues.  You might want to repost your question under the "undiagnosed" forum.  With chest muscle pulls, you shouldn't be experiencing shortness of breath.  It was advised to me in the past for chest muscle pain to take an nsaid cyclically for 3-4 days.