Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
933 Members

URGENT HELP NEEDED: Eagle Syndrome

I am getting ready to have surgery for Eagle Syndrome.  The lower part of my right calcified ligament will be removed.  I was told that there is a risk of nerve damage during this surgery.  I know that there are risk with every surgery, but is this a high risk or a very minimal one?  All I know is that I cannot take how I feel now, but I certainly do not want to come out of this situation worse.  Does anyone out there have an answer?

Can you tell me what eagle syndrome is??  Where does the pain come from, I hears something about behind the ear, can you tell me exactly where that ligament is?? What are the symptoms??

Therese46 or seekandfind46
I had my calcified ligament removed back in Sept. 08. The jaw line still feels tight, but the pain has definetly gotten better. My ENT told me that the area would be sore for about 3-4 months. Still have some minor swelling in the jaw line, but like I said, it is getting better. ...