Testicular Cancer Community
252 Members

Do I have cancer?

Over the last month or so I have discovered a small lump at the top of my testicle/outside of epidymis (honestly not sure which it's attached too!) Which is not hard but firm, and there is 2 with one being slightly larger in size, could this be cancerous? I can only feel the lump at a certain angle also and I did have an ultra sound at the end of May on my testicles which showed nothing so could something have developed in this space of time? I could not feel this lump to my knowledge at the time.
COMMUNITY LEADER
A scrotal ultrasound is really the best test to have to look for anything suspicious for testicular cancer. If this is a new symptom, then I wouldn't be hesitant to go back to the doctor to discuss it and see if a follow up ultrasound would be appropriate.
Thank you, I was told that he could feel and see cysts on the ultra sound but he didn't tell me where, is it possible for things to suddenly appear just a month after having the all clear from an ultrasound?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Perhaps they are cysts and that you just never properly felt them before. It is hard to say. I just never hesitate to go back in if there are new symptoms, the symptoms increase or if they persist longer than the doctor said that they would. It's just a easier to me o be safer than sorry. If that makes sense.
Thank you for your help I will book an appointment for next week
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are more than welcome and all the best on the appointment. If anything, in the least, it will hopefully bring some peace of mind, which helps too.
Yeah that's very true
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize