Testicular Cancer Community
252 Members

Epididymitis - No STI, WBC Found In Urethra

Epididymitis - No STI - Antibiotics do not work - Leukocytes in Urethra (found via swab)

I've had right side epididymitis for a few months now, and at first it was minor enough I didn't even notice it really. Eventually I started to worry and recently had an STD test done. Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chlamydia, and HIV are all negative. However when they did a swab of my urethra they did see white blood cells. Last time I was sexually active was at least 6 months ago.

I was given an intramuscular shot of some antibiotic, and a 7 day course of doxycycline to treat suspected chlamydia. I finished the antibiotic a couple days ago and the swelling and pain seems unchanged. I suspected it was better while I was taking it but I think it was just the placebo affect. The pain comes and goes and that's all I was experiencing I believe.

I plan to have a CBC done on tuesday at a local lab, but I am starting to really worry. I was hoping it was a simple STI.

I have swelling, minor discomfort that comes as goes, rarely it is particularly bad (bad enough to want to sit oddly to help alleviate it, nothing sharp). The pain is in the swollen epididymis and I can feel it following the vas deferens into my pelvis causing pelvic pain. No noticeable lumps, just the swollen epididymis and vas deferens.

I want to see a urologist but I have no insurance so I am trying to get everything (STD, CBC) done first before I take that dive. I really do not want to wait for insurance, I am concerned with cancer.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Outside of the treatments for testicular cancer, I do not have any personal experience with testicular symptoms nor am I a physician. Certainly, seeing a urologist seems reasonable. The scrotal ultrasounds are also not very expensive. I have seen them done for $125 compared to ho expensive others tests tend to be. It may be worth getting seen again or a second opinion with a scrotal ultrasound.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize