Testical Issue / Question

Is epididymitis the same thing as an epididymal cyst?

I recently found a lump on my testicle. I went to the Dr who ordered an ultrasound. After getting the scans/images  he said I had cyst on my epididymal tube. (Tube that connects to my testicle) They actually found a small cyst that I didn't even feel on my other testicle.

I've read that epididymitis is an infected tube in the testicles usually caused by infection.

I have no discharge, no pain while urinating, etc. My testicles don't ache. The cyst doesn't hurt but obviously when I found it and felt it it was sensitive from over touching it.

Would epididymitis be the  same thing as an epididymal cyst?

Thank you.
Epididymitis is simply inflammation of the epididymis. There are many causes of the inflammation, of which, infection is the leading cause. Cysts are basically fluid-filled membrane within the epididymis. They are a bit different.