Testicular Cancer Community
249 Members

Undesended testicle

I was wondering with what is a risk here . If a baby was born with a undesended testicle and gets it surgically put down into the scrotum it is a risk of cancer . But is it still a risk of testiculsr cancer if the baby was born with a undesended testicle and it drops down into the scrotum by itself within the first few months of life ?
Please someone help me
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would not be overly concerned but would make sure he is aware of testicular cancer and the need for monthly self-exams once he gets to his teen years. I would not fear an occurrence of testicular cancer as the sooner the testicle drops the less risk of testicular cancer and within a few months is really early. Typically a referral for surgical intervention doesn't happen until the 6 month mark as seen at: https://www.auanet.org/education/guidelines/cryptorchidism.cfm
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.