The Election Community
9 Members

Wish he was running

I suspect there will come a time when the decline of the GOP - and possibly our country - will be traced back to when Boehner was forced out of the Speakership by those who would turn this country into a theocracy. Seldom agreed with him, but feel he did the best possible with a bad hand.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/former-speaker-boehner-calls-cruz-lucifer-flesh-n564081
I don't like Cruz, but I thought Boehner was a sellout...He was not standing up for what the people of the Republican party wanted. Ryan has merely carried on his legacy.  That's why we're in this mess and people are looking at someone like Donald Trump.

I believe both parties must take equal responsibility for the decline of our country... There were Democrats that didn't agree with some of what President was doing, but they still stood with him because it was it was in their best interest, politically...
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.