Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

follicular adenoma, carcinoma and variant of papillary carcinoma

I'm scheduled to have a my whole thyroid removed. What exactly does this say below? What are the percentages that this is Cancer?
Thanks so much.

***This is the Biopsy result***

****The differential diagnosis for the right lobe lesion includes cellular adenomatoid nodule, follicular adenoma, follicular carcinoma and follicular variant of papillary carcinoma. A neoplasm is favored on cytologic grounds, and excision is recommended regardless of the outcome of the Afirma assay.****

Looking for answers for the above test results.
Not the one below. I just added it, for additional information.
Thank you

((From previous post...    sono results that were replied to already....
.  The Gland is mildly enlarged. The right lobe measures 5.2 x 1.6 x 1.9 cm. The left lobe measures 5.2 x 1.7 x 2 cm. The isthmus measures 3 mm. There are several Thyroid nodules. The nodule in the right inferior lobe measures 0.9 x 0.6 x 0.7 cm. There's also a solid nodule measuring 0.5 x 0.4 x 0.4 cm. In the left lower pole there is a hypoechoic circumscribed nodule measuring 1.5 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm. There is a complex cyst in the lower pole measuring 0.6 x 0.8 x0.8 cm.
Color doppler evaluation demonstrates no internal vascularity to the left lesion. The right inferior pole solid lesion measuring 0.9 cm has internal vascularity and FNA is recommended.
Impression: Multinodular goiter. There is a hypervascular nodule in the lower pole on the right lobe measuring 0.7 x 0.9 x 0.6 cm. FNA of this lesion is suggested. ))
That's a wide range for "differential diagnosis' but the pathologist's conclusion reflects his/her concern for the cytologic appearance.  Was the Afirma test performed?  Would review all that with your endocrinologist to help understand the risk of cancer as I cannot give a % w/o more detailed info.  The nodules overall are relatively small.  More definitive information on the FNA cytology and/or Afirma may be helpful prior to committing to surgery.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them