Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Anemia

I have been diagonosied with Anemia of a Chronic Disease. The chronic disease being Diabetes. I also have recently been diagnosed with Kidney disease. My Hematocrit level is running about 35. My Nephrologist informed me that with a big man like me (6' 225lbs)with a Hematocrit that low will cause me to be tired and fatiqued almost all of the time. I went to a Hematologist and he said that my Hematocrit level was not bad and I really shouldn't have any symptoms. Who is right? I am tired all of the time. The other day I went out in the morning for an hour or so. Cambe back at 11:00am and had to rest and sleep till 4:00pm in the afternoon. Then got up and got tired and weary again around 7pm.  I also wake up in the morning after 8 hrs sleep feeling like I haven't slept at all. These are typical symptoms for me. Also what treatment could help me? Back in 2003 when my Crit was 29 they gave ne Procrit.  Now thePlease advise. Thank you very much. y say I need to below 33 to be eligble to receive it.
This is not thyroid question - please post in hematology.  Given your symptoms would check thyroid function to be certain.  Procrit may indeed be helpful for your situation however.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.