Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Continued..is it hyperthyroidism?

I have difficulty going to sleep, I feel more depressed because of the anxiety/nervous feelings I get everyday. I was always so happy and now after this has struck, i just haven't been myself lately. I just went to the dr to have my blood drawn for thyroid tests and will find out on Friday.  I don't have an enlarged goiter but I seem to have all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism because i have been feeling "off" the past few weeks. Please advise, I'm really scared.
Dont be scared. I have been dealing with thyroid issues for almost a year and I too have had panic attacks that sound exactly like yours. My last one was two days ago when I was driving for a trip. I talked to myself and tried to calm down, this did work. Friday hopefully you will have some answers. I cant really say it is hyper as opposed to hypo cause the symptoms are very similar. I am hypo and have heart flutters, panic, anxiety, etc.... Hang in there until Friday and I think some of your questions will be answered.
Thanks.. I'm scared because I'm not myself lately. I've always been happy and everything, now look at me, all this has changed me thus far and I'm trying not to let it but its so hard. Did you have panic/anxiety attacks before you found out you were hypo?
also i notice when I wake up, i feel anxiety... i feel it all the time even though I'm not thinking about it. Esp when I'm sitting down. Could this be relevant?
Hi, I just posted on your last question, did not notice this one til now, I read backwards.  I am glad to hear you have been to the dr.  I know everyone is different, but you almost sound exactly as I did, the symptoms are identical, the dizziness also with blurred vision.  I would have anger episodes, everything, it sounds so much the same.  I hope that you get the answers from your labs, please just make sure they did an antibody test, it's important that they check that, and sometimes just regular dr's don't, they will check your TSH and nothing else.  Sometimes that's not enough.  Please keep us posted.  don't let the dr's think you are crazy, I went through that!!!!  You are not fine, and if you feel that you need to go to the ER again, than you go, make sure you let them know right up  front, that it might be thyroid.  If you don't it takes them so much time to figure out what's going on.  good luck
Thanks.. can you explain ur experience?  I'm worried that this may just be anxiety and nothing else? That i'm anxious about having another panic attacks?
Also, if you had the same experience as me, how come you have Hashimotos? The symptoms for that are the opposite of what i've been going through
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them