Cortisol spike at night & depression

I am a 35yo male and have been suffering form severe depression and low libido so I had some testing done.  I submitted a saliva neuro adrenal test by Genova labs and all my neurotransmitters were way low and the cortisol levels are as follows...9:30am=5.2 ( range 7.0-10), 2:30pm=8.3 (range 3.0-6.0), 7:30pm=13.8 (range 2.0-4.0), 12:30am=8.1 (range <1.5).  So my cortisol is spiking at 7:30pm which is completely backwards.  My DHEA was 285.2 (range 63-644).  My libido and energy are severely low and have been expreriencing severe depression for 4yo.  I was on narcotic pain medicine for a sever knee injury for 5 years and when I detoxed from the pain meds I have had all the symptoms stated. I as well I just had my testosterone checked and haven't received the results yet.  Any help is much appreciated!  Thanks in advance...
You should have your thyroid hormones checked as well both low thyroid and low testosterone can cause symptoms as you describe.  Be aware, the standard lab ranges they use for testosterone are _not_ age adjusted. And most doctors dismiss low testosterone out of hand,

Come back and post your testosterone levels with ranges when you get them.
I got my testosterone results and they were high, 954.  Which is puzzling, if my cortisol is high shouldn't my test be low?  Thyroid was fine as well.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks much

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.