Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Help I need to know what to ask

I was diagnosed with Hashimotos what labs should i ask for, I am miserable and I have symptoms that contradict the symptoms of hypo although they keep raising my synthroid. I told my endo i have been having intense mood swings, sex drive is now gone, I cant sleep, I am always hot where i am dripping sweat, I have diarrhea, exhausted beyond belief,  I have not had a period in over 2 years, my hair is falling out in clumps and there is now a visible lump on my throat. She said the swelling on my throat is because of the Hashi so there was no need to look into it, she then listened to my heart and had me take a couple deep breaths. She told me I was wheezing and that the wheezing must be whats causing the other issues... since my body was upset that it was oxygen deprived... which to me sound like a bunch of bs i just want to get to feeling normal again... I am losing my mind and its affecting my family my kids deserve they mother again,  I just want to know what labs to demand, I called a different endocrinologist office to see them but they cant see me until December 20th. please help i dont know what to do
1 Responses
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
With an enlarged thyroid, would suggest ultrasound.  Correcting TSH with T4 (levothyroxine) is the treatment for hashimoto's (and helps w/ goiter in these cases as well).
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child