Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

HypoThyroidism

My situation is: I found out that my thyroid wasn't working properly about 8 years ago (hypothyroidism), I'll be 37 in April.... I was put on Synthroid, then Levothyroxine.... started out around 45mgs, then a few years later went up to 75mgs, and now just recently was changed to 88mgs.... I also started having trouble with Edema around the same time or shortly after.... I have to take a water pill (25mgs) daily because of it.... I've tried losing weight and nothing is happening.... for example back in April (2012) at work we did a walking contest, and had to sign up with a walking partner, her and I walked around 3-4 miles a day for at least 3-4 days a week for about 3 months, not counting what we walked at home with someone else.... during this time, my walking partner lost 48 pounds, I lost 3.... gained it back quickly after the contest was over.... I was just wondering if there was anything that I could do or bring up to my doctor that would help me with losing weight....??
Thank you for your time...............
I also have a goiter on my thyroid...............
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.