Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Knot on back of neck

I have had a small knot on the back of my neck for almost two months.  I have had some allergies during this time, but have not other health issues.  Could this lump/knot be a lymph node that has enlarged?  I just visited my doctor and she took a blood test and suggested that I come back in 4 months.

I don't have any other symtoms.  Any thoughts?
It could be one of many things - it's not likely thyroid if it is on the back of the neck -- would go with your doctor's advice or consider a second opinion from a surgeon or ENT.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them