Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Levoxyl side effects

In December 2005 I was put on 25 mcg of Levoxyl because my TSH reading was 8.4.  At that time, I was also on Actonel.

Suddenly in February, my abdomen and legs started swelling up within a few days.  I felt fatigue and shortness of breadth.  I had difficult sleeping and I can barely climb upstaris.

I had never experienced such symptoms before the med.  So I stopped the med, because Levoxyl is making my health a lot worse than before.

Does anyone has such experience?  I had stopped the med for 2 months now.  However, my abdomen and legs are still extremely swollen.  How long will the side effect lasts?

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Hard to interpret without labs -- the levoxyl dose was very low so it is reasonable to stop and see what happens in most situations. It takes 4-5 weeks to clear the system however so at 2 months you need to look into other causes -- see your internist to sort this out...I am not convinced it was due to the levoxyl.  These are also not typical side effects of actonel
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them