Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Memory loss, tiredness, fluctuations in upper abdomen

I was diagnosed as T2 Diabetic 4 years ago. I read on-line that Diabetes may be cured or greatly improved by a No-Carb diet.
I tried this last year for 8 months. I lost 1.5 stone (although, un-typically for a diabetic, I was not overweight to begin with) and eventually stopped (October 2009) because I began to suffer short-term memory loss and general tiredness.

Although I'm consuming carbs again (about 120gms/day) my condition has become so bad that it is affecting my life, both work and personal quite badly. Sometimes I even forget family members names. I apparently ask the same question when watching the TV 5 minutes after already having been supplied with the answer.

I have been an accomplished and recognised computer programmer for 40 years yet currently am unable to keep track of my coding from minute to minute.

An additional symptom that I have developed is strange fluctuations in my upper abdomen.

I recognise that the diabetes and no-carb diet may simply be coincidences but would appreciate any thoughts, views or experience that might help me understand what's happening.

As an afterthought, could stress cause such symptoms ?
1 Responses
97953 tn?1440868992
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
This is not a diabetes forum.  
Would consider seeing your general physician for an overall physical exam and labs.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.