Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Memory loss, tiredness, fluctuations in upper abdomen

I was diagnosed as T2 Diabetic 4 years ago. I read on-line that Diabetes may be cured or greatly improved by a No-Carb diet.
I tried this last year for 8 months. I lost 1.5 stone (although, un-typically for a diabetic, I was not overweight to begin with) and eventually stopped (October 2009) because I began to suffer short-term memory loss and general tiredness.

Although I'm consuming carbs again (about 120gms/day) my condition has become so bad that it is affecting my life, both work and personal quite badly. Sometimes I even forget family members names. I apparently ask the same question when watching the TV 5 minutes after already having been supplied with the answer.

I have been an accomplished and recognised computer programmer for 40 years yet currently am unable to keep track of my coding from minute to minute.

An additional symptom that I have developed is strange fluctuations in my upper abdomen.

I recognise that the diabetes and no-carb diet may simply be coincidences but would appreciate any thoughts, views or experience that might help me understand what's happening.

As an afterthought, could stress cause such symptoms ?
This is not a diabetes forum.  
Would consider seeing your general physician for an overall physical exam and labs.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them