Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

No one takes me seriously

I am 34 years old, and about a year ago I noticed my hair becoming thinner and my left breast becoming larger than my right.  I went to my doctor who ordered a TSH with the results being 1.423 ulu/ml.  He said everything was normal and sent me to a dermotologist.  She took one look at me and said I had female pattern baldness and sent me home with an expired sample of Rogaine (which I had no interest in).  My left breast continued to get larger so I called my family doctor back and asked if the fact that I had been on Depo Provera for 10 years could be the problem.  He told me to see my OB/GYN.  He said that because I had gained 10 lbs that could cause my left breast to get larger.  (But yet the right stayed the same size?)  He suggested getting off the Depo, and I transitioned to Mirena.  A few months later my left breast is still getting larger and I feel a mass, so I contacted the Nurse Practioner (a woman) at my family doctors office.  She ordered a mammogram & ultrasound, it came back normal but a large cyst was present.  She said all is normal and sent me on my way.  Now almost a year later, my left breast is double the size of my right and my hair on top is embarassingly thin.  I have been back to my family doctor and I am waiting on my test results.  He once again only ordered a TSH....no T3 or T4.  Through some research, I have 13 symptoms that point to Hypothyriodism and I also have a family history of it in the women on my father's side.  But my previous TSH is more on the low end of the scale.  Is there anyway with a previous TSH of 1.423 I could still have Hypothyriodism?  If my family doctor tries to send me on my way again, I'm not sure if I should ask for an Endocronologist or another specialist.

Thank You
this TSH is perfectly normal and does not predict a thyroid problem.
Should I have my T3,T4,& antithyriod antibodies levels checked?  Could my TSH be in a normal range, but still have some kind of issue?  I have gone to my doctor at different times in the past for the following issues:  Hearing loss (I'm only 34 years old), Migraines, Breast Cysts, Depression, Hair Loss, Constipation, Fatigue, Weight Gain, Constant Cold Hands/Feet, Concentration/Memory issues, Bruising/Anemia, Sever Acne, and Night sweats.  My great grandmother, 2 great aunts, a aunt and a cousin on my father's side all have thryriod issues.  

I've read some things about pituitary issues, also some things about estrogen dependance.  I feel I can't let the doctor lead me to believe that nothing is wrong when my left breast continues to grow bigger and bigger at the age of 34.  
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.