Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Papillary Thyroid Cancer Treatment

Dr. Lupo,

I am 55 years old, female, and had my thyroid gland removed this February because it was enlarged and multi-nodular.  Prior to this I had two uptake scans because one nodule was cold, but the FNA which showed it was not cancer. I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer after the gland was removed, and underwent radiation ablation in March.   The end of May I went in for labs and review, and the nuclear medicine doctor (in charge of my treatment) said results were good:  TSH .06, Free T4 1.1 and calcium 9.1. He also said the 'suspicious' neck nodes that were more noticeable after the RAI would be looked at again next March, when I would undergo RAI again.   Dr. said he may want my TSH lower, and would review next March.   I spent 4 years and 5 doctors trying to get someone to look closely at my thyroid since all my test levels were 'normal.'   It this a reasonable treatment plan to let the suspicious nodes sit for a year?

1 Responses
97953 tn?1440868992
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I think this is a repeat question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.