Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Partial Thyroidectomy + Parathyroid

Hi there
I underwent a partial thyroidectomy of the left lobe last week due to a complex goiter that measured 5cm in size before aspirate.  After aspirate I was left with a 2.5cm solid mass.  I get the results back this week.
While I was in surgery, the endo also removed a parathyroid because it was enlarged.
I am wondering if there is an increase in risk of cancer with a multi nodular goiter and enlarged parathyroid?
All of my labs have come back within normal ranges.  I am 27 years old and have suffered pre eclampsia during 2 of my pregnancies.

I would like to know exactly at how risk for cancer I am.  All of my doctors have been very tight lipped about the whole ordeal, I'd just like a realistic view on what could be possible.

Thank you
No increased risk of cancer with prominent parathyroid.
Risk of cancer in a thyroid nodule is about 5-10% overall.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.