Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Small lump on right side of neck

Hello all,

Several days ago, I discovered a small lump on the right side of my neck. It's not a lymph node (under my right jaw) that I sometimes feel when I'm sick. It's a bit under the hairline behind the ear, if that makes sense. I don't feel one on the other side. Do you think this is something of enough concern to take to my doctor? I'm 25. My mom had thyroid cancer but her nodules were in the front, plus she was in her 50s. Thank you for any advice.
This is not in the area of the thyroid - may be a lump in the salivary gland or a lymph node - most of these are innocent/benign but you should discuss with your doctor
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them