Some question about the I131 treatment (Radioiodine therapy)
1) Is it possible that you may adjust the amount of I-131 to kill part of the gland (excessive parts) and keep others to maintain normal Thyroid Gland function? Or you just kill the entire gland and replace with medication. About the dosage of I131.
2) Is there difference between Asian and American for I131 treatment? For instance, the dosage.
3) Does I-131 radiation therapy cause untoward effect such as damaging spermary, affecting sex gland function and resulting in thyroid cancer?
4) It is said that the patients with exophthalmos (prominent eyes) should cautiously use radioactive I131 and surgical therapy. Is this correct?
5) Will the prominent eyes be improved after radioiodine therapy?.
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.