Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
219609 tn?1210348114

Still calcium problems

I have high calcium levels both blood and urine,,Did PTH test  Endo said was fine at 26 with calcium level at 10.1.My kidney stone problems is getting worse, and I'm drinking lots of fluids and taking water pills as well  .I had a TT many years back, my stone problems started after that..My calcium was high after surgery so they stopped the normal OsCal treatment you get after removal..I am in the Middle east now and my D levels are low at 10,so I can not see my Endo any more,, should I get a ultra sound done on my Parathyroids, or so other scan,since my doc before said it was not necessary.Any more kidney stone removels and Im going to loss function of my kidneys,4 lazier removals and two shock treatments
1 Responses
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Would continue to pursue the parathyroid work-up -- with a vit D of 10, Ca 10.1 and kidney stones - I still think a PTH of 26 is not normal (it's inappropriately normal).  26 is lower than we usually see for this situation, but primary hyperpara is the most likely cause.
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.