Male in mid thirties, avg. weight/height, diagnosed with Hashimoto's 2 years ago. Over last 18 months, TSH levels have ranged from high of 4.78 in 7/06 to low of 1.40 in 7/07. T3 and T4's in normal range.
I have been taking 88 mcg of Synthroid for 8 months. I was surprised when current TSH level was 2.95, as last reading was 1.40 in July. I still feel "OK" mostly, not as fatigued or cold sensitive as when TSH was higher. I would like to keep my dosage as small as possible, but understand that my autoimmune disease might preclude that.
1. Does this TSH climb mean the disease is progressing, or are readings prone to change normally, or for other reasons?
2. A newer study in Clinical Endocrinology says taking Synthroid at night leads to better absorption & better TSH. Do you agree or recommend this? What about its affect on sleep?
3. My doc says I feel good and am in normal range, so we should re-test in 3 months. Do you agree, or is an increase suggested now?
4. I have been taking 1/2 my usual Prilosec over the last month and using more Drysol (aluminum chloride hexahydrate anti-perspirant.) Could either of these things have affected my TSH?
5. Would adding a quarter tablet of 88 mcg twice a week to my regular dose be equivalent to alternating 100's and 88's every other day?