Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

TSH levels after follicular nodule removed

I had my total thyroidectomy about 12 years ago because I had a follicular nodule. Doctors said it wasn't cancer yet, but thought it had a good chance of becoming cancerous later.
My question is would a person without a thyroid gland want there TSH at 1.0 or less since TSH is how the thyroid regulates how much hormone to release?
I did some reading on thyroid.org about thyroid cancer surviors goal level of TSH is < 1.0. Would that apply to me?
No that does not apply to this situation and in general is more important for higher risk of recurrence of cancer (in patients with a history of cancer).  So your goal is to keep TSH 0.5-2.5 usually.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them