Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Thyroglobulin

I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid carcinoma in 2007. I had a totally thyroidectomy with bilateral neck dissection. I have had 2 doses of radioactive iodine and was told that I had microscopic disease because my TG was 12.7. I just recently had my TG tested again and it is now 96.

96 seems extremely high. Am I correct?
Yes, 96 is high - especially if it was 12 in the past few years. Would repeat to confirm if this is not consistent w/ prior testing.  Then repeat neck ultrasound and likely do CT of the chest.  After such extensive prior treatment, you may want to consider a trip to a thyroid cancer center for evaluation and management recommendations as you don't want to have more surgery and/or radiation unless clearly needed, and then you want the experts to do it.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.