Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Total Thyroidectomy side affects?

On march 29th, 2013, I had a total thyroidectomy. Im 17 years old, before the thyroidectomy i was on 100mcg of levothyroxine and they still have me on the same dose after the surgery. I've always a regular menstrual cycle until now, my last period was march 12th, I haven't had one for April. Is this from the surgery or what? What're ALL the side affects and after symptoms of a total thyroidectomy? I really need answers.
You may need a levothyroxine dose adjustment.
Assuming no problems with voice or low calcium after surgery, the main focus will be on adequate levothyroxine dosing.  It is not unusual to miss a period 1-2x after thyroid hormone shifts but would confirm not pregnant as well.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.