Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

Your opinion needed...

My doctor put me on Symbyax for weight gain. Yes I do need to gain weight. I do not think I am depressed, but she seems to think I am.  She tells me that, "you not being depressed is not normal". Yes I have had health issues, but to me they are not anything to worry about. I do have other tests pending (colonoscopy, endoscopy and scoping of the bladder).

I have not changed my eating habits in the last 10years, but lost about 33lbs in the last 8 months. I may not be the healthiest eater, but I do eat. I do crave salty foods (chips/crackers), and meat. I snack a lot through out the day, but always eat dinner (biggest meal). I will be seeing a nutrionist as well. My thyroid levels are okay now - TSH .95.

I have never had anxiety, depression, or stress. Is taking a Symbyax a good idea?

Symptoms: wegith loss, night sweats, bone/muscle aches(thighs/legs), lost all muscle fat, constant urination, tiny red dots on tip of tongue that will burn.
Would consider testing for adrenal insufficiency if not already done -- start w/ AM cortisol -- if not >11 then an ACTH stimulation test may be needed.

I have no experience w/ symbyax which is a combination of two psychiatric medications - olanzapine and fluoxetine.

We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them