Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

help

Hi Dr Lupo.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to answer my question.  

I have been referred for surgery, my consulant wants to check all 4 of them at the same time.

i am so so sorry to be a real pain but would this be classed as an urgent case with my symptoms and test results?   In the Uk we have a waiting list and have been waiting a few months already so i am investigating the possibilty of a private endorcine consultant as i really can't cope much longer.

many many thanks again
Your levels and prior kidney stones would make this a relatively urgent case for parathyroid surgery (which should include checking all 4 glands during the operation).
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them