Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

lump under tongue

i have a lump (the size of a fat lima bean, maybe slightly bigger) under the left side of my tongue. prior to my dr. visit I
Hickory,
I wish I could tell you more but not very knowlegable in this area. I had a saliva duct stone when I was about 7years of age that Dr. removed in his office. Again I had one when I was about age-35 but hate to admit it, I removed it myself.
It seems to me I've read that Sjrogren's does cause saliva-duct stones. In fact I believe I read this in Mary Shomon's book "Living Well With Autoimmune Disease", which I highly recommend. She details how that Sjrogren's is also an autoimmune disease were antibodies attack mucous membranes, causing severe dry mouth, eyes, etc... I know I have never had it, so don't know what my duct stones were from. I do know it caused me pain under my tongue and in my throat because saliva builds up and has no where to go. Eating was sometimes painful.
I hope you get the  answers you need soon!
thank you
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them