Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

medication

Tsh 0.46 range 0.34-4.82
T4 1.31 range 0.4-1.80
T3 108 range 87-167
Thyroid measures. R 7.2x3.0x3.2cm
L 7.7x2.7x2.6
Isthmus 11mm
Multinodule goiter.    Do you feel it would be helpful if I was on a medication? I have many symptoms for hypo. But I also have major depression and diabetes. Your comment would be greatly appreciated.

1 Responses
97953 tn?1440868992
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
"multinodular goiter" --- that is not enough of a description to advise the next step.  The dimensions of the thyroid are c/w goiter.  You need to have an endocrinologist who does his/her own US take a look to see if there is a dominant or suspicious nodules.  The low-normal TSH may suggest some functioning in one or more nodules but would not likely cause depression/hypo symptoms..  I-123 scanning can sometimes help determine if nodules are functioning or not and when compared with US if there is a need for FNA biopsy.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.