Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

medication

Tsh 0.46 range 0.34-4.82
T4 1.31 range 0.4-1.80
T3 108 range 87-167
Thyroid measures. R 7.2x3.0x3.2cm
L 7.7x2.7x2.6
Isthmus 11mm
Multinodule goiter.    Do you feel it would be helpful if I was on a medication? I have many symptoms for hypo. But I also have major depression and diabetes. Your comment would be greatly appreciated.

"multinodular goiter" --- that is not enough of a description to advise the next step.  The dimensions of the thyroid are c/w goiter.  You need to have an endocrinologist who does his/her own US take a look to see if there is a dominant or suspicious nodules.  The low-normal TSH may suggest some functioning in one or more nodules but would not likely cause depression/hypo symptoms..  I-123 scanning can sometimes help determine if nodules are functioning or not and when compared with US if there is a need for FNA biopsy.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them