Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

multinodular goiter, positive anti-thyroglobulin, normal TSH, T4, T3...

My question: With a positive anti-thyrogloblin and a multinodular goiter, should I continue with infertility treatments or should I continue to wtch and wait for my thyroid to improve? or will it?..... I understand that pregnancy may help my thyroid but my thyroid may actually be keeping me from becoming pregnant...

I'm a 37 year old BMI 24.0 with recent routine blood work as follows:
TSH 0.82  [ 0.34- 5.66]
T4 1.04     [0.52-1.21]
T3  2.88    [2.20- 3.80]

I was then sent for additional blood work and thyroid US since my TSH was on the low end of normal. I have no hypo/hyper symptoms.... though I would love to blame my weight and bad hair on hypothyroidism...( trying to insert humor)

Further values below:

thryotropin receptor AB <0.51  [ 0-1.75]
Anti-thyroglobulin Positive
Anti-microsomal Negative

Thyroid US: Multinodular goiter:

RIGHT LOBE: The right thyroid lobe is heterogeneous. The right lobe
measures 5.7 x 1.4 x 0.6 cm. It contains a solid nodule measuring 1.6 x
1.2 x 0.9 cm.

LEFT LOBE: The left thyroid lobe is heterogeneous and measures 5.4 x 1.2
x 0.9 cm. It contains 2 nodules, the larger of which is complex and
measures 1.7 x 1.0 x 0.6 cm. The smaller, more medial left thyroid nodule
measures 0.7 x 0.6 x 0.3 cm.
1 Responses
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Your thyroid hormone levels are normal, but Tg-Ab high.  Was TPO-ab tested?  The description of "heterogeneity" on ultrasound is consistent with thyroiditis - most commonly due to Hashimooto's in this case.  The 1.7cm nodule may require FNA biopsy.  There is mixed data/opinion on th erole of using levothyroxine medication for this situation to help decrease miscarriage rate.  You should review this w/ your OB and an endocrinologist.
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child