Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

multinodular goiter, positive anti-thyroglobulin, normal TSH, T4, T3...

My question: With a positive anti-thyrogloblin and a multinodular goiter, should I continue with infertility treatments or should I continue to wtch and wait for my thyroid to improve? or will it?..... I understand that pregnancy may help my thyroid but my thyroid may actually be keeping me from becoming pregnant...

I'm a 37 year old BMI 24.0 with recent routine blood work as follows:
TSH 0.82  [ 0.34- 5.66]
T4 1.04     [0.52-1.21]
T3  2.88    [2.20- 3.80]

I was then sent for additional blood work and thyroid US since my TSH was on the low end of normal. I have no hypo/hyper symptoms.... though I would love to blame my weight and bad hair on hypothyroidism...( trying to insert humor)

Further values below:

thryotropin receptor AB <0.51  [ 0-1.75]
Anti-thyroglobulin Positive
Anti-microsomal Negative

Thyroid US: Multinodular goiter:

RIGHT LOBE: The right thyroid lobe is heterogeneous. The right lobe
measures 5.7 x 1.4 x 0.6 cm. It contains a solid nodule measuring 1.6 x
1.2 x 0.9 cm.

LEFT LOBE: The left thyroid lobe is heterogeneous and measures 5.4 x 1.2
x 0.9 cm. It contains 2 nodules, the larger of which is complex and
measures 1.7 x 1.0 x 0.6 cm. The smaller, more medial left thyroid nodule
measures 0.7 x 0.6 x 0.3 cm.
Your thyroid hormone levels are normal, but Tg-Ab high.  Was TPO-ab tested?  The description of "heterogeneity" on ultrasound is consistent with thyroiditis - most commonly due to Hashimooto's in this case.  The 1.7cm nodule may require FNA biopsy.  There is mixed data/opinion on th erole of using levothyroxine medication for this situation to help decrease miscarriage rate.  You should review this w/ your OB and an endocrinologist.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.