Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

thyroid

recently i had a thyroid ultrasound,when they were scanning my left side,they ran across a bump and it hurt,after the test was done,i noticed i was getting sick to my stomach, i went across the street to my dr office and got a shot for nausea,threw up before the shot kicked in. i was wondering what the bump is? i have a thyroid ct scan scheduled for tomorrow.
2 Responses
97953 tn?1440865392
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You may have had a vagal episode due to slight carotid massage during the ultrasound procedure.  Would discuss this w/ your doctor.
Hard to say.  Did they say it was it a bump on your thyroid?

A bump on thyroid could be a nodule, or a cystic nodule.  Cystic nodules can bleed internally causing swelling and pain. Generally harmless.

Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child