Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Forum

thyroid

recently i had a thyroid ultrasound,when they were scanning my left side,they ran across a bump and it hurt,after the test was done,i noticed i was getting sick to my stomach, i went across the street to my dr office and got a shot for nausea,threw up before the shot kicked in. i was wondering what the bump is? i have a thyroid ct scan scheduled for tomorrow.
You may have had a vagal episode due to slight carotid massage during the ultrasound procedure.  Would discuss this w/ your doctor.
Hard to say.  Did they say it was it a bump on your thyroid?

A bump on thyroid could be a nodule, or a cystic nodule.  Cystic nodules can bleed internally causing swelling and pain. Generally harmless.

We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.