Thyroid Cancer Community
347 Members

24 YO make with a 5mm cyst?

Recently on an ultrasound for lymph nodes in my neck they found a ‘5mm cystic lesion’ on my thyroid. My concern is that I’ve heard men hardly ever have cysts especially young and that when they do they have a good chance at being cancerous, every doctor says it’s too small to worry about and being cystic makes it almost certainly benign, but what do you think?
Thyroid nodules are very common, especially among older patients, but can still be seen with younger patients. In general, the larger the nodule the more concerning and the more solid the nodule the more concerning, especially if there are microcalcifications. In your case, you have a nodule which is tiny, cystic, and without microcalcifications. You have absolutely nothing to worry about and can sleep well!
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.