Thyroid Cancer Community
347 Members

At what ALP level should I be alarmed after Papillary carcinoma?

I had my thyroid removed in 1999 because of papillary carcinoma that had spread significantly through the lymph nodes in my neck, & a resection in 2005 for recurrence, at which point we found out I am also iodine resistant.  My yearly (or more often) blood tests are always a little wonky but not alarmingly so. Now for the third year in a row my ALP is high & rising.  I have also had an aching thigh for several years, with no obvious cause.  My liver checks are all fine.  At what ALP level should we start looking into bone metastasis?
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.