Neck pain after thyroidectomy

I have had a burning ache in the area where my biopsy was done.  It has been three years since my surgery.  It has been sporadic pain but is getting worse.  It seems to radiate from the front of my neck to the back of my neck, up the back of my head to my sinuses.  Could this be a nerve problem from the surgery?  Aspirin helps with the pain a little.  My surgeon is not much help.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there!

If the pain is sporadic, it is unlikely to be a nerve problem from the surgery. Likely possibilities include scar formation, inflammation etc or could also occur due to unrelated causes. It would be best to have this evaluated by your treating doctor for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Helpful - 0
I get a dull tugging pain .. my docs think it's scar tissue.  It's so hard to say, yet so annoying at times.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer Community

We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.