Thyroid Cancer Community
346 Members

Sound like thyroid lymphoma?

24 yrs, female (great grandmother (mother's side) diagnosed with breast cancer at 27yrs, died at 32yrs)
1 year ago my gynecologist noticed a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck (I'm assuming deep cervical)  sent me to a neck specialist, whom informed he insisted it was swollen due to a blemish I had on my face. 1 yr later, blemish free, still have swollen lymph node which is now slightly larger and feels different, not so hard.
6 months ago my gynecologist noticed a small mass in my breast, cherry pit size, 6 o'clock position (I couldnt feel it, but now suddenly I can with ease) She ordered for a mammogram and to have blood work done to check my thyroid. She never informed me why my thyroid but I assume because I had been off of Depo Provera for almost 2 years and had only had a few random periods, she did state that I was ovulating when I went in. Never had a period after or since. I was also experiencing fatigue and had told her of that and had gained 10 lbs. Which was strange because I hadnt changed my diet and have always maintained my weight.
I switched jobs and lost my old insurance and had to wait 90 days before getting my new insurance and never went to have the tests done. She never called to say my Pap smear wasnt normal nor did I follow up. (I KNOW I KNOW)
In the past month and a half my fatigue has gotten a lot worse. I have been having lower abdomen, lower back, and pelvis pains. Heartburn and other symptoms of pregnancy. 9 pregnancy tests all negative. My thyroid gland is either swollen on the left side or there is a nodule and most alarmingly I have gained 30 lbs in a month and a half, no changes to diet. All weight gained to stomach, still wear same size pants, look 7+ mos pregnant. Feel full all the time even when I wake up in the morning and feel weak and tired all the time, even with 12-15 hours of sleep. Neck pain, bad head aches.
Does this sound like thyroid lymphoma?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Well, since you have abreast lump and a strong family history of breast cancer, and you have insurance, please get an ultrasound of breasts and mammography. Also get ultrasound of abdomen to rule out polycystic ovaries.
Your symptoms of irregular periods, bloating, fatigue etc can be due to PCOS, or due to hypothyroidism (cystic thyroid nodules if present can cause hypothyroidism—so get an ultrasound of thyroid too if you have thyroid nodule along with thyroid profile). Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them