Thyroid Cancer Community
347 Members

Thyroid Nodule growth

36 year old male. I had unexplained throat pain about 5 years ago and was sent to an ENT exam. They found nothing wrong with my throat, but found that I had to thyroid nodules that were small, both less than 1 cm. I have had year ultrasounds that have shown growth primarily on my left lobe. It had grown from .9 to 1.6 cm from 2014 to 2018. I had an FNA done in March 2018 and it showed a benign impression, but carcinoma could not be totally excluded. I am told the totally excluded part is common on FNA's. Had my yearly checkup and it is now 2.3 cm. Found out I have 2 additional nodules. Those other 3 are all 1 cm or less. Ultrasound this year showed no calcification. Doctor is not concerned that I have any malignancy. I am though.

Doctor says I have no history of radiation exposure. Obviously not in a nuclear setting or anything like Chernobyl, but I have had 3 cat scans, hundreds of x-rays for orthopedic issues and have been under flouroscope multiple times.

Due to the continued growth I have concerns. Am I worried over nothing?
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.