Thyroid Cancer Community
349 Members

Thyroid meds backordered?

ok so Levothroid has been backordered since last year according to Forest Labs when I contacted them (unlikely that drug will be back) and now my Levoxyl from Pfizer/King Labs ALL strengths on back order and the FDA is involved?
Interesting the inactive ingredients are similar tho not the same...
I have allergies to corn and acacia so not many choices for me and lost my thyroid to cancer...what to do!!??
ENDOs do NOT want to do T3/T4 meds because of additional testing and monitoring needed to get right level and they do not believe in them.
options in NC?
Hi there!

Unfortunately there is little help that we can provide online over change of prescription w.r.t. drug non-availability without knowing the relevant clinical details. It is best advised to consult your treating endocrinologist for a possible change in the brand with similar chemical composition/ generic medication or switch over to a different combination.

Take care!
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.