Thyroid Cancer Community
347 Members

Thyroid nodules and swollen lymph nodes in neck

Hi, I recently had an MRI on my neck done due to neck pain and headaches and they discovered my thyroid gland was enlarged and there were dominant nodules on each side and my lymph nodes in my neck were also swollen. I have had some pain around the lymph node on the right side of my neck and it can be felt. I was diagnosed around 20 years ago with hypothyroidism and a goiter but have not been on meds for around the last 10 years because my TSH levels were in the normal range. I am worried it is thyroid cancer, does anyone have any similar issues and diagnosis. I have an appointment scheduled with an endocrinologist but it is several weeks away. Thanks for any help.
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them