What are the chances my thyroid nodule is thyroid cancer?

When my doctor found a lump in my thyroid, I had to go for a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy.

What are the chances my thyroid nodule is cancerous? This is the question I asked myself over and over again before my ultrasound, biopsy, and subsequent partial thyroidectomy.

If you're visiting our Thyroid Cancer Community you, too, may be wondering the same thing.  We're here to help give support.

Here's some info that may help you with this answer:

First of all do not panic. 31% of the time the palpation is NOT accurate. 16% of the time there is no nodule at all! The referral to the radiologist for an USGFNA may result in a biopsy even if there is no nodule present, as they are only doing what the physician orders... continue reading here: http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Thyroid-Disorders/THYROID-NODULE-BIOPSY-FNA--FAQs-/show/434?cid=62

WELCOME!

C~