cancer, cancer,

Hello, Im a surviving thyroid and ovarian cancer patient. now i have a lump in my face up under the skin. you can not see it, but it does hurt when touched. I want to know can cancer spread from your throat to your face. I have had the radiation treatment for my thyriod surgeries, was told that the radiation would kill off the rest of the cancer tissues. Or because cyst run on my mother side of family, and I have had so many already removed, is there a chance this could be a knew cyst? and it could be cancerous?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
@ Dr. kaul
Helpful - 0
Hello, and thanks,
                       well yesterday was sitting and whole left side of my face swollen up. Went to doctor and was told i had inflamed lymph nodes. Was given antibiotics and sent to have ultrasound done on the left cheek where cyst is and whole area where face was swollen. Now just a waiting game until Wed, to see whats going on. But looking at the ultrasound screen, (i mean I am no doctor) but there were a lot of circles that she was capturing, scary! If you have a clue, would love to hear!!!!!!!Thanks
Helpful - 0
Thank for your input!
Helpful - 0
I agree with Dr. Kaul.  Please have it checked out.  But try to keep calm.  I had similar and it took 12 VERY long days and mine came back as an infectious granuloma ( cyst that burst and tissue developed around it to protect the infection from spreading)  

Mine was a small lump that showed up in the hospital right after my thyroid surgery and was 1/8" above my incision. They kept telling me it was a lymph node (yeah right).  

I had it taken out and biopsied when it grew  and became red .. thankfully it was 100% benign but what a scare.

Make sure your doc uses plastic surgery techniques.

Please keep us posted~!!

C~

Helpful - 0
Hi there!

Though rare, cancer could spread to the face as well and any suspicious lump/ mass may need an evaluation. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Cancer Community

We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.