Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

2.5 mcg of Cytomel will elevate how much T3

I wonder when one adds 2.5 mcg of Cytomel, her FT3 level will be elevated to which degree/percentage? Will her temp be higher, too? What about her pulses/BP? Thanks
2 Responses
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm not sure that 2.5 mcg will do all that much, but it would certainly depend on the individual.  

I take 5 mcg cytomel daily and have been on it for about a year now, along with levo (T4 med).  My FT3 is barely mid range.  It has not raised my temp, nor does it seem to affect my pulse or heart rate, although a larger dose did.

Again --- the affect it has will depend on the individual and if you suspect problems, you should contact your doctor.  
798555 tn?1292787551
Like Barb said, that not much cytomel, depends. You must be spliting the 5 mcg?

On the other hand starting this t3 med at minimal dose is a good way to try it, in case someone is sensitive to it.  If its not enough, well, no harm done.

Cyto at 10 mcg a day is almost very noticeable to all, starting at 10 can make temporary hyper symptoms at first.

How much T4 is this new T3 being added to?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community

Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.