Thyroid Disorders Community

I need help understanding test results.

I had a thyrogobulin ab test and the results were 450 I'm currently on 200 of levothyroxine. My tsh has been as high as 153.6 it is starting to level out over the last two months but I am having alot of "issues" fatigue, pain, burning and tingling in my feet, heart palpitations, hair sheding. My GP is not sat saying much except my thyroid is bad and for me to keep my appt with endocrinologist
check your vitamin d levels and supplement if not in optimal range.

http://hypothyroidmom.com/92-of-hashimotos-patients-with-vitamin-d-deficiency/
I currently take 2000units of vitamin D but have been on various amounts over the last 6 yrs. I have had chronic amenia for years with no resolve.
I hope that TSH is not the only thyroid test your doctor is doing for you.  TSH is a pituitary hormone that is totally inadequate as the sole diagnostic for thyroid status.  Much better to test for the biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T4 and Free T3.  If tested for those, please post results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  

If still having symptoms while taking 200 mcg of T4, it may well be that your body is not converting the T4 med to T3.  Free T3 is used by every part of the body, and Free T3 correlates best with hypothyroid symptoms.  Many here say that optimal levels are Free T4 at the middle of its range, at minimum, and free T3 in the upper third of its range, as needed to relieve symptoms.  If you haven't been tested for Free T4 and free T3, I highly recommend doing that right away at your current doctor's office.  

Hypo patients do not produce normal levels of stomach acid, so they are frequently too low in the ranges for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin.  D should be about 55 min,, B12 in the upper end of the range, and ferritin should be about 70 minimum.  So you should get those tested also and supplement as needed to optimize.  Low B12 may well be a cause for tingling in the extremities.  Low ferritin can adversely affect metabolism of thyroid hormone.  Adequate ferritin is needed for hair growth.  

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypothyroid patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T4 and Free T3 as needed to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results, and especially not TSH results when already taking thyroid med.  

Unless you know for sure that the Endo is a good thyroid doctor you may be disappointed.  Many of them specialize in diabetes, not thyroid.  Also many of the have the "Immaculate TSH Belief" and only pay attention to that.  Which is very wrong.  If they test beyond TSH it is usually only Free T4, and then they use "Reference Range endocrinology" and tell you that a FT4 or FT3 result that falls anywhere within the range is adequate.  That is also wrong.    So you need to find a good thyroid doctor as described above.  

If you will tell us your location perhaps a member can recommend a good thyroid doctor based on patients' feedback.  

What was done for the chronic anemia?
Nothing she said she wanted to focus on my thyroid...
She did all the other test u stated last week and they were all within normal range. She is waiting on one other test. I am also being tested for lupus. The normal range for the thyroglobulin ab 0.0-4.0. I dont know what to do.
Just because they were in the so-called "normal" range does not mean they are adequate for you.  Please post all those test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report from last week.  
CPR 18.2 normal range 0.0-5.0
Thyroglobulin ab 450 iu normal range 0.0-4.0
Free T4 .7 ng/dl normal range 0.5-1.3
Thyroid microsomal ab 3.5 normal range 0.0-9.0
T4 total 7.1mcg normal range 6.1-12.2
So your Free T4 is only at 25% of its range.  Optimal is 50% or above.  You were not tested for Free T3, but since you are taking 200 mcg of T4, I would bet that your Free T3 is also in the very low end of the range.  You need to get your Free T3 tested and if confirmed as low in the range, then you will need to add a source of T3 to your meds to raise it above the middle of its range, as needed to relieve symptoms.

Along with that you need to be tested for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin.  D should be about 55 minimum, B12 in the very upper end of its range, and ferritin should be 70 min.  Once tested you can supplement as needed to optimize.  

I think I'd try to get your doctor to do the testing while waiting for the Endo or some other doctor.  That way you will have a lot more info in hand when you see another doctor and we can help you get prepared for that.  If you are interested in a possible doctor recommendation, please tell us your location.

Thank you for all the information and advise. I live in central Illinois.
Would the Peoria or Canton areas work for you?
Closer to Springfield.
I just sent you a PM with info.  to access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.