Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Aches and leg cramps

I ache all over--pretty much all the time and take IB Proferen all day. Am on Levothyroxin 125MCG every day. Also get bad leg and foot cramps. Think it,s from Thyroid disease? Katred
11 Responses
Hi,
Sorry to hear, your aching.  I am hyperthyroid and ache, all over daily, mostly my left shoulder/arm. Pain meds do not seem to help at all.  But what does help, is just laying down and relaxing, when the aches get intense.  

Hope you feel better.  Good luck to you !
440728 tn?1234648902
Being hypothyroid causes lots of muscles aches it's a strong symptom. Also, you may want to check you're on the right level of meds, maybe you've become more hypo and need them increasing. Perhaps you should ask your doc to check your blood levels if you've not had them taken for a while
299155 tn?1235492869
hi.  when i first started on synthroid and then with each dose adjustment, i had severe leg/joint/thigh pain at night when laying down.  the aches lasted app. 2-3 weeks and then subsided.

good luck to you.  rest when possible.
I am seeing the Doc today to get the levels tested. Yes, the first person I heard to speak of thigh pain too!!  Some of my pain is worse during the night. Also am going to ask the Doc. if it can effect my eyes as they are watering ans sore a lot ( however I do a lot of hand stitching). I,ll keep ya posted and thanks for the support!
Saw the Doc. today and she is running the levels for the Tyroid and also Diabetes and R. Arth. She was in agreement on the symptoms for Thyroid meds adjustment. I have a great clinic--but I think I am going to enjoy this site a lot. Helps to talk to other people. Thanks for support and will keep you updated.
314892 tn?1264627503
Have you had your Vitamin D level checked?

Low D can cause muscle cramps.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.