Thyroid Disorders Community

Ankle swollen and GP says it is a rash....

I have been on PTU for a year almost exactly when one of my ankles got what appeared to be a knot on it.  It is red and warm to the touch.  Really seemed like a knot and I am such a klutz so I figured I had banged it on something.  After 4 weeks, it is still there. Went to my GP for my yearly physical and he said it was a rash and by now my ankle is so swollen and itchy.  He ran other blood tests to check for infection and all were normal.  I have played phone tag with my endo. office to get their advice/opinion.
What is this and should I stop my PTU until I hear from him....I am on 50mg a day now.....