Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Any info appreciated

My daughter (6 yrs.) has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and a cyst on her thyroid. She has an appt. scheduled with a pediatric endo. My question is does anyone know what I can expect from this visit. And is there a chance that this could be cancer.

Thank you
Sorry, I don't know what will happen.  Just wanted to say good luck to you and your baby girl and I am praying for her.

Dac
I believe less than 5% of thyroid cysts and goiters are cancerous,  ...that's what I was told by my dr and have read. So there's a small chance it could be. It could be from a virus she has recently had. As far as the hypothyroidism, that would be treated with taking a small dose of thyroid hormone and in most instances will correct the problem.
Prayers for her..and you!
Pam