Thyroid Disorders Community

Anyone go to Mayo?

Well, after three consecutive years of positive cancer screens and treatments, I am waiting on my TSH to become appropriate for my fourth.  If this years' is positive, I have spoken to my doctor and it has been decided that we will try to get into Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for their new Alcohol ablation treatment for resisitant, recurrent thyroid cancers.  Was wondering if anyone has does this treatment?

Thanks,

Nicki
TT 08/30/05
120mCui 10/07/05
+ scan for lymphnode involvement 03/07
100mCui 06/04/07
+ scan for thryoid bed involvement - lymphnodes 03/08
150mCui 03/21/08
Waiting for thyroglobulin results (not doing scan b/c last years was negative until treatment dose administered but elevated thyroglobulin prompted treatment)
Hi and Welcome.

I did a Community Search for you and here are some posts from this community about Mayo.  Good luck and keep posting and let us know how you make out!

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/search/73?query=mayo+clinic

C~