Atenolol & Grave's Disease

Hello.
I am a newly diagnosed Grave's patient.
When I met with my endo, he put me on Atenolol while I weigh my treatment options.
My concern is that I am taking 25mg 4 times a day (every 6 hours) and all of the literature I''ve read online lead me to believe that there should be at least 8 hours between doses if not more.
I'm worried that I'm taking too much.

Thanks!
Call your doctor or ask your druggist for verification on what is right.  Your doctor might have reasons but you won't know unless you call or ask.
I was on atenalol for 8 years.  I only took 50mg 1 time per day.  I was recently (October) taken off atenalol because it made my heart rate way too slow.  I am sure your doctor has a reason for you being on such a high dose and only 6 hours apart.  I was still having heart palpatations on atenalol.  I was also diagnosed with Grave's disease but have been recently diagnosed, AGAIN, with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  

Good luck.
My cardiologist put me on 50 mg of atenolol once a day.  I took this for 2 years until my allergist took me off about 6 months ago.  Since I have been diagnosed with hyperthyroid, the endo dr put back on atenolol 25mg once a day or if the palpitations get to be too much take one more.  I have never taken more than 2 a day.

Please ask the doctor and pharmacist.  Let them know that you just want to make sure.

Gook Luck

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community