Thyroid Disorders Community

Been off of PTU and darn Hyper/Graves is back

PTU for over 15 months....only took one month off before my numbers went crazy and my heart is about to beat out of my chest....  RAI is next...argh!  I cannot do it until July due to childcare issues for the isolation process.  In the meantime, a cardiologist is sending me for tons of heart tests....HELLO---I have HYPER/GRAVES so that explains the rapid heartbeat.  Why can't doctors pick up the phone and call each other and compare notes?!?!?!
I will be doing the RAI in the Dr. office and coming home....he is saying only 3 days of isolation...I have heard many other things like 5-7 days...  any other have experience with this and can tell me how many days to plan to be away from my two little ones and the hubs??