C-reactive protein

My daughter is 31 and her internist found that her thyroid is enlarged on the left side.  Her thyroid tests were inconclusive but her C-reactive protein is 20.  Would this go along with a thyroid disorder?
Not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in here, but you need to get her TSH, FT3, FT4 blood tests. Also get TGab and TPOab tests to determine if Hashi or Graves is making the thyroid swell. Post the results here, and we can give you our opinions.  Doctors should never diagnose thyroid disease based on just TSH. Make sure you get ALL the tests.

Doctors tried to tell me that I didn't have thyroid disease because my TSH was 2.74, not over their magic number, but my antibodies are very elevated. I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's, which is what caused my thyroid swelling (goiter).

:) Tamra
C Reactive protein is used to determine heart disease. Thyroid disease, particularly Graves, can lead to heart problems.

:) Tamra

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community